Energy Analyst – Financial and Energy Forecasting
Job Responsibilities: Conduct utility, engineering, economic, and financial analysis. Coordinate data collection and analysis to support consulting projects regarding utility planning and regulation. Develop analysis to help accomplish project and client goals. Manage projects such as excel based data analysis, economic modeling, and financial analysis. Responsibilities may include interaction and communication with senior company management and clients. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Operations Research, or related field. Master’s degree or advanced course work in energy systems or mathematical modeling a plus.
Experience: This position may be filled at entry level or associate level. Associate level hires should have 2-5 years of experience in the areas of electric or gas utility planning and forecasting, budgeting, utility contracts, and/or systems operation.
• MS Excel – INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED PROFICIENCY
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, attention to detail.
• Planning and problem-solving mindset
• Analytical and decision-making abilities
• Acts with professionalism & integrity
• Ability to manage and complete multiple high-priority projects and activities with strict time-sensitive deadlines
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills, the ability to prioritize and organize effectively